Loan Services Coordinator
30 hours per week, 80% time | Flexible to needs of the candidate
Supporting women entrepreneurs in BC
WeBC is a not-for-profit organization that has supported women business owners across BC for nearly three decades. Offering business loans and expertise, accessible training and resources, plus regionally- based mentors, we provide sustained support that women can access at every step in their business journey. Our holistic approach means we get to know the woman behind the business so we can connect her with the right networks, capital and resources to help her business grow and thrive.
About the position
Our Loan Services team thrives on the day-to-day work of preparing and checking loan documents, processing incoming applications, following up for missing documents and renewals, updating the database and loan system, and providing information to clients about their loan. We encourage team collaboration to share ideas and the workload. The work offers a sense of satisfaction and purpose in working with an incredible team and seeing clients succeed along their entrepreneurial journey.
The Loan Services Coordinator performs a diverse range of duties to maintain customer service and the loan portfolio to a high standard. On a typical day, the Loan Services Coordinator may:
- Assist loan clients to respond to their questions in a timely manner
- Interact with business advisors and other team members to support client needs
- Process new loan applications and loan disbursements
- Prepare or check loan documents ensuring accuracy
- Initiate and maintain all security registrations, renewals and discharges; and client insurance policies and renewals; payment and payment changes
- Complete credit and other checks on applicants
- Update files and database to ensure client records are accurate
Why you should apply:
- Opportunity to thrive in a collaborative environment
- Chance to work with an inspired and motivated team
- Enjoy being part of a diverse and inclusive work place
The ideal candidate has:
- Strong computer skills: word processing, databases, and spreadsheets,
- Well-developed written and oral communication skills,
- An eye for detail and takes pride in strong organizational skills,
- Ability to build relationships with the team with an approachable and warm personality
- A passion for advancing women’s entrepreneurship and gender equality,
- Previous accounting/lending or banking/administration experience (preferred)
- A high degree of comfort handling a wide variety of tasks in a fast-paced environment and meeting deadlines,
- A high degree of self-motivation and ability to work independently, and be an effective team player who is flexible and cooperative,
- Post-secondary training in office administration or equivalent related experience (preferred).
Location: Head Office, Kelowna, BC
All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply with their availability parameters (including preferred hours/days per week) clearly outlined in the cover letter.
Please email your resume with a cover letter to: email@example.com with the subject line: Loan Services Coordinator.
Closing date: Applications will be accepted until a suitable candidate is hired.
We appreciate all who submit an application and advise we can only contact candidates selected for an interview.