We’ve supported women around BC for nearly three decades, cheering you on your entrepreneurial journey. Right now, we know local businesses need financial support more than ever.
So we’re hosting #WeFundBC, a month-long initiative to encourage everyone to consider who they fund with their holiday spending, and to increase access to funding for women and non-binary entrepreneurs.
When you shop local, you fund a friend, a dream and a community!
Follow us on Instagram to discover women-owned businesses you can support from all over BC. PLUS, share your own business or favourite place to shop and you’ll be entered to win weekly prize packs!
While you fund a friend through your holiday shopping, we’re now ready to accept applications for the WEOC National Loan Program from women in BC. This unsecured loan program reduces financing barriers for women and non-binary entrepreneurs and offers wrap-around support as you start and grow your business.
Two ways to be part of the celebration
Share where you’re shopping
Now until December 19, we’re making it easy to fund a friend.
We’re sharing your posts throughout the month and giving away a prize pack every week!
How to participate:
- Follow @thewebc
- Post about a woman-owned business—it could be your business, or your favourite place to shop!
- Be sure to tag both @thewebc and the local business and use the hashtag #WeFundBC to be entered to win.
Learn about funding options for your business
WeBC is proud to be the BC Loan Fund Partner for the national $34 million WEOC National Loan Program for women and non-binary entrepreneurs as they start, scale, grow and maintain their business.
For women entrepreneurs in BC, the first step to accessing funds is to connect with us at WeBC, and we’re now ready to provide access to the program!
We’re hosting info sessions about the program so you can learn about eligibility and ask your questions.
What you can win
Our final giveaway includes these amazing products from BC-based women-owned businesses, valued at over $200!
- Just One More Chapter Throw Blanket from Sacha & Co.
- O’Hara Headwrap from Canadian Frost
- Clara Earrings from Standout Boutique
- The Better Grocery Kit from Better Basics Co.
- Skwalwen Botanicals Kalkáy Healing Salve from Westcoast Wildflowers
- Gift for You Organic Cotton Reusable Cloth Gift Bag from The Market Bags
- Shop Local Tote Bag from The Market Bags
This week’s giveaway runs from December 12 to 19. A winner will be chosen at random and notified via DM, plus we may feature your business!
When #WeFundBC, we fund…
Up the Hill at Loakin, Chase
“We harvest many of the raw herb materials from the wild in our traditional territory, actually in the same areas that my mom and great-grandmother used to harvest. We work hard to ensure that we never over-harvest an area, and there are enough herbal medicines to re-seed for next year…and for the next generation to come.”
Back Forty Lifestyle Co., Prince George
“It’s a bit of a scary thing when you’re sharing something you’ve created with the world and opening yourself up. What has helped me overcome this challenge is realizing that many of my clients are like friends.”
Instagram Giveaway Terms and Conditions
- Contest period: November 19 to December 19, 2022; Week 1 Nov 19 to 27; Week 2 Nov 28 to Dec 4; Week 3 Dec 5 to Dec 11; Week 4 Dec 12 to Dec 18.
- The winner will chosen at random and notified via DM
- Winner must provide email address and mailing address to WeBC via DM to redeem prize pack
- Open to British Columbia residents only
- Winner must be at least 19 years old.
- Vouchers are not redeemable for cash