Nominations are underway for the Greater Vernon Chamber of Commerce’s 38th Annual Business Excellence Awards presented by MNP.
Nominations run until Aug. 26
The online nomination form and descriptions of the 15 categories can be found here >>>
The 15 individual categories are:
- Large Business of the Year sponsored by MNP
- Medium Business of the Year sponsored by Fox Plumbing Heating Cooling Electrical
- Small Business of the Year sponsored by Community Futures
- New Business of the Year sponsored by Tolko Industries
- Young Entrepreneur of the Year sponsored by Nixon Wenger Lawyers LLP
- Employer of the Year sponsored by the City of Vernon
- Customer Service Excellence Award sponsored by Okanagan Spring Brewery
- Diversity Excellence Award sponsored by Kal Tire
- Non-Profit Excellence Award sponsored by Community Foundation North Okanagan
- Retail Business of the Year sponsored by the Downtown Vernon Association
- Business Leader of the Year sponsored by Chamber of Commerce Group Insurance Plan
- Restaurant of the Year sponsored by Davidson Lawyers LLP
- Tourism Business of the Year sponsored by Tourism Vernon
- Professional Business of the Year sponsored by TD Canada Trust
- Trades Business of the Year sponsored by Scotiabank
A business only needs one nomination to qualify per category and past winners from the previous two years are ineligible to win in the same category.
All nominees will be given a nominee questionnaire package. This package will need to be completed to accept the nomination and will be scored by a panel of local business leaders to determine winners.
Beyond the 15 categories, there is the People’s Choice Award sponsored by Total Restoration Services. It is chosen by a public vote of all nominees from the 15 categories and voting for People’s Choice begins Sept. 13.
Winners will be announced Nov. 3rd