- This event has passed.
Incoterms® 2020 International Contracts & Shipping Workshop
December 6, 2022 @ 8:30 am - 2:00 pm
Does your organization understand the “terms of sale” of your international transactions?
The Selecting Incoterms® for International Contracts & Shipping course is a great introduction to the important role of trade terms, also known as Incoterms.
International Commercial Terms or Incoterms® are rules used in contracts to clearly communicate the obligations, costs, and risks associated with the transportation and delivery of goods, providing clarity for sellers and buyers and helping facilitate trade.
First issued by the International Chamber of Commerce (ICC) in 1936, Incoterms® rules are typically revised every ten years to reflect the changing economic landscape and provide specific guidance to individuals participating in the import and export of goods.
Any business professional that works in a role that touches the exporting or importing process within an organization will gain from attending this session by learning how to reduce risk, lower costs and prevent issues related to international shipping.
THE SESSION WILL INCORPORATE THE FOLLOWING TOPICS:
- The current 2020 terms and associated Articles & how to use them
- How Incoterms® fit (or don’t fit) international shipping formats & practices
- Important considerations when using specific terms related to loading, import, export & insurance
- How to incorporate the Incoterms® into contracts & common contractual elements
- How to avoid risk & negotiate terms that help control costs & reduce exposure to liability
Members & Partner Companies: $249 + GST
Non-member Companies: $349 + GST