Whether you are an individual, a start-up or an established small business or non-profit organization, there can be many challenges and barriers to bringing a new tourism idea, experience or partnership to fruition.
We want to help. The “Spark” Program will match selected candidates with a tourism mentor and provide a source of financial support to help take your great new tourism idea to the next level of development or implementation.
Our goal is to inspire Indigenous entrepreneurs, small businesses and non-profit organizations to come forward with creative ideas that will generate new tourism opportunities, experiences and partnerships in the area.
The program includes:
- Call out for applications from individuals, small businesses and non-profits
- Application reviews by a jury including local and provincial tourism innovators and leaders
- Finalists’ Pitch Session (our friendly take on a tourism Dragon’s Den)
Save the date: February 9, 2023
- Selection of 3 winning applicants
Selected applicants will receive:
- 3 month mentorship with a tourism innovator, experienced operator, industry leader and/or sector expert
- $5,000 “Spark” grant to support tourism idea development activities
- Access to a support network of tourism innovators, entrepreneurs and leaders
- Ongoing guidance on other resources and support services provided by partners
All program applicants will be invited to join our “Spark” community of tourism innovators, partners and supporters for special networking events, one-on-one’s, and development workshops.