- This event has passed.
SheCreates – Application deadline: December 31, 2022
December 31, 2022
Her International created the SheCreates program with an aim to support young women by giving them a chance to learn about entrepreneurship and mindfulness so they can become empowered entrepreneurs.
GIRLS EXPERIENCE MANY BARRIERS TO BECOMING SMALL BUSINESS OWNERS AND TO ACCESS CONFIDENCE AND LEADERSHIP SKILLS THAT ARE REQUIRED TO DO SO – AND WE WANT TO CHANGE THAT.
- Application deadline: December 31, 2022
The program is for those aged 17-25 who identify as female, low-income or with other barriers to accessing programs.
This program will:
- Increase your range of entrepreneurial skills (you’ll even have the chance to practice starting a business)
- Teach you mindfulness and nervous system regulation practices
- Give you access to a supportive community of other young women in a safe environment
It’s ‘free’ to participate – although we’ll require $25 to register and then you’ll receive that $25 back for your business with good attendance.
THERE WILL BE FOUR MONTHLY WORKSHOPS WITH A WEEKLY OR BI-WEEKLY ZOOM CHECK-IN.
Workshop dates are:
Sat. Jan. 21st: 10 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Sat. Feb. 18th: 10 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Sat. Mar. 18th: 10 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Sat. April 15th: 10 a.m. – 2 p.m.
This round of SheCreates is funded by Kelowna Women in Business (https://kwib.org).
- The January 2023 cohort is for 17-25 year old young women (anyone who identifies as female).
- Commit to attend four monthly workshops with a weekly or bi-weekly Zoom check-in.
- Workshop dates are:
- Sat. Jan. 21st: 10 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- Sat. Feb. 18th: 10 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- Sat. Mar. 18th: 10 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- optional Graduation Sat. April 15th: 10 a.m. – 2 p.m.
- Weekly check-ins happen in groups and times to be allotted.
- Commit to mentor next round of She Creates participants (attend 2 sessions)
Application deadline: December 31, 2022
Venue: The workshops will take place at the French Cultural Centre (702 Bernard).