Every year the Government of Canada spends billions of dollars on goods, services and construction from Canadian businesses, and opportunities for contracts exist for businesses of all sizes.
Through the Procurement Strategy for Aboriginal Business (PSAB), the federal government wants to connect with Indigenous businesses and Nation-Owned Businesses to open the doors for new opportunities to sell to the federal government.
Watch the conversation with Emily Given from Indigenous Services Canada who shared details about the opportunities available for Indigenous entrepreneurs, such as:
- The Indigenous Business Directory, who’s eligible and how to register
- How the government purchases goods and services from Indigenous suppliers, including set-asides, standing offers/supply arrangements, and subcontracting opportunities
- How to find federal procurement opportunities
- How to find funding opportunities
- COVID-19 resources for Indigenous entrepreneurs
Facilitator: Danielle Hofer, Outreach Officer, Women’s Enterprise Centre
Panelist: Emily Given, Business Development, Indigenous Services Canada
From January 19, 2021