The Government of Canada is one of the largest buyers of goods and services in Canada. The list of what they buy is long and their needs may surprise you. Plus, contract values range from hundreds of dollars to billions so even if you have a small business they may be looking to buy what you’re selling!
Are you curious about bidding on federal contracts but not sure where to start?
In this session we dive into the bidding process so you can spend less time looking for opportunities and more time growing your business.
We hosted Afnan Al-Hashimi from The Office of Small and Medium Enterprises (OSME) who shared key information to help you bid on opportunities, including:
- The different types of solicitation documents
- The main elements of a solicitation document and how to respond to them
- How bids are evaluated and suppliers are selected
- How to follow-up after receipt of the bidding process results
- Best practices, tips and suggestions
Facilitator: Danielle Hofer, Outreach Officer, Women’s Enterprise Centre
Panelist: Afnan Al-Hashimi, Policy Analyst, Office of Small and Medium Enterprises, Pacific Region, Public Services and Procurement Canada
From June 25, 2021