Starting Your Business



The Society of Composers, Authors, and Music Publishers of Canada (SOCAN) is the Canadian copyright collective that administers the performing rights of more than 100,000 composer, author and music publisher members by licensing the use of their music in Canada.  

If you use music, live or recorded, in your business make sure you are in accordance within Federal Copyright Law and get a license!

Businesses Using Music

As of July 2, 2019, businesses that use music to make their business better can complete their required music licenses in a few simple steps, through one organization called Entandem, a SOCAN and RE:SOUND company. To obtain a license for general music use in your business, venue, or at your event, please contact Entandem at 1-866-944-6223 or visit Entandem website at

If you are a digital or traditional media user, please call us 1-800-557-6226 and select Licensing option from the automated menu.