Taking place over three days from 10am to 2pm, attendees may purchase an All-Access Pass and attend any or all sessions each day, or buy a Daily Ticket for a specific day/session.
*The exciting line-up of sessions includes:
Tuesday, Sept 20th | 10am – 2pm
- Welcome – Mary Jane Joe, Educator, Elder-in-Residence at Langara College
- Over-mentored, Under-sponsored: Tips to Support Women’s Career Development – Tina Strehlke, CEO, Minerva BC
- Employee Covering: Help your Team to be Themselves at Work – Carol Markwei, Training and Development Manager, Paladin Security Group Ltd.
- Asking for a Raise Starts with Demystifying Compensation – Annika Reinhardt + Crystal Henrickson, Talent Collective
Wednesday, Sept 21st | 10am – 2pm
- Inclusive Hiring Practices – Tara Robertson, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion consultant and coach
- Moving Beyond Inclusion: Indigenous Leadership in Technology – Lauren Kelley, Director Sector Transformation, First Nations Technology Council
- Reimagining Leadership on Boards – Panel Discussion – Zahra Esmail, CEO Vantage Point; Trish Mandewo, Founder + CEO, Synergy on Boards; Neelam Sahota,CEO, DIVERSEcity Community Resources Society
- Conversation Circles (TBA)
Thursday, Sept 22nd | 10am – 2pm
- Applying Behavioral Insights to Cultivate Diversity and Inclusion – Dr. Sonia Kang, Associate Professor, UoT, Fellow Institute for Gender + the Economy
- Mini Workshop – Minerva BC (TBA)
- Employee Resource Groups that Work – Panel Discussion
- The Future of Leadership – In conversation with Christine Bergeron, President and CEO, Vancity + Dr. Carol Liao, Associate Professor and Director of the Centre for Business Law at UBC Allard School of Law*subject to change
Download the updated Forum At-a-Glance here.
You can check the full program and speaker bios here.
You will have the opportunity to learn from some amazing speakers including Vancity’s President and CEO, Christine Bergeron, UBC Sauder Distinguished Fellow, Dr. Carol Liao, Fellow, Institute of Gender and the Economy, Dr. Sonia Kang, and in-demand DEI Consultant, Tara Robertson.
Following the Forum, all attendees will receive a complimentary Event Summary Report which will include learnings from the Forum as well as additional resources. The Forum will be held on the Zoom platform.
In 2021, we welcomed 20 amazing speakers, and over 200 attendees from 58 organizations across BC, as we expanded our knowledge and skills together. The 2021 Event Summary and Resource Guide is available here.