The Government of Canada is actively looking for Canadian-owned businesses to purchase goods and services from, yet the process can seem a little intimidating for business owners who are new to the procurement process.
In this session, questions about selling goods or services to the government were answered by a panel of experts!
We hosted Aaron Ydenberg from Public Services and Procurement Canada and Anne Bank from The Department of National Defence and the Canadian Armed Forces for an interactive Q&A. They shared tips about:
- Doing business with the Government – how does the process work?
- Using the CanadaBuys website to find opportunities, and how you can practice bidding
- The kinds of opportunities available through the Innovation for Defence, Excellence and Security (IDEaS) program (they may surprise you!)
We also hosted Jodi Huettner, CEO of Helga Wear, a woman’s workwear brand based on Vancouver, who shared her story of selling to the government and what she’s learned along the way.
Facilitator: Danielle Hofer, Outreach Officer, Women’s Enterprise Centre
- Aaron Ydenberg, Business Engagement for Public Services and Procurement Canada
- Anne Bank, Acting Director General International and Industry Programs,
The Department of National Defence and the Canadian Armed Forces
- Jodi Huettner, CEO of Helga Wear
From December 1, 2020