The biggest obstacle to achieving success is you.
The truth is: we are unique individuals. There is no one else like you. And equally as unique, is your contribution to the world. When you truly understand this, you can become as successful as you dare to.
Sabotage is the critical voice behind our procrastination, excuses, self-doubt, negative habits, and the judgements we perceive from others.
The following are some strategies for silencing the voice of sabotage and staking your claim to success:
- Be Clear about what you want. Indecisiveness is a thief of progress and success. Too much time spent examining choices can keep you stuck. It is in moving forward that we know we’re on the right track or need to make adjustments.
- Avoid Negative Self-Talk and be your own champion. When you hear the sabotaging voice, engage the tools you need to re-instill confidence and courage i.e. empowering podcasts, books, music, exercise and/or meditation …whatever that may be for you.
- Find Comfort in the Discomfort. The road to success will challenge and test you. These challenges can create tremendous personal and professional growth if you allow them to.
- Avoid Comparisons and remember, no one else is you. Someone will always be better at something than you and vice versa, but it doesn’t lessen who you are. Shine your own light.
- Notice the Time Wasters, the distractions, and the avoidances. Becoming aware of these behaviours can help you in making different choices that will empower you and bring you back to the big picture.
- Surround Yourself with Supportive People. Stay close and spend your valuable time with those who support you and your road to success.
It’s important that you examine your beliefs and behaviours to ensure you are being honest with yourself, giving yourself the means to succeed, and remaining true to your goals.
Success can be as scary as a failure for many, but the journey consists of one empowered step at a time and celebrating those steps along the way.